What superpower ?

The gloves are off. Far from trying to pacify New Delhi, King Gynanendra seems to be going out of his way to infuriate it. After he refused to meet Indian envoy Shiv Shankar Mukherjee, his government has rubbed salt into the wounds by imposing fresh restrictions on an Indian business venture.
United Telecom Ltd, an Indo-Nepal joint venture, has been asked not to register any more subscribers. Some 80 per cent of the stake in the company is held by MTNL, VSNL and Telecommunications Consultants (India) Ltd. The remaining 20 per cent is held by Nepal Venture Pvt Ltd.
South Block is upset and India plans to take up the matter with Nepal at the earliest. [Indian venture gets a rude wake-up call from Kathmandu]

We should quit saying we are the future superpower etc. We barely have any influence over our own neighbors, forget rest of the world. India has become a country which a superpower and a tiny country can slap around.

7 thoughts on “What superpower ?

  1. Robi & Nitin’s Indian Ocean Horizons: 2005-04-1
    In this briefing: The Eternal Triangle (or Square?); Peeling the Skin off the Pakistani Onion; Peeling the Skin off India-Pakistan Relations; India, Energy, and Security; India – a Million Matinees Now; Keeping a Eye on Khan; The FBI is a Trusted Brand…

  2. Robi & Nitin’s Indian Ocean Horizons: 2005-04-1
    In this briefing: The Eternal Triangle (or Square?); Peeling the Skin off the Pakistani Onion; Peeling the Skin off India-Pakistan Relations; India, Energy, and Security; India – a Million Matinees Now; Keeping a Eye on Khan; The FBI is a Trusted Brand…

  3. Robi & Nitin’s Indian Ocean Horizons: 2005-04-1
    In this briefing: The Eternal Triangle (or Square?); Peeling the Skin off the Pakistani Onion; Peeling the Skin off India-Pakistan Relations; India, Energy, and Security; India – a Million Matinees Now; Keeping a Eye on Khan; The FBI is a Trusted Brand…

  4. Robi & Nitin’s Indian Ocean Horizons: 2005-04-01
    In this briefing: The Eternal Triangle (or Square?); Peeling the Skin off the Pakistani Onion; Peeling the Skin off India-Pakistan Relations; India, Energy, and Security; India – a Million Matinees Now; Keeping a Eye on Khan; The FBI is a Trusted Brand…

  5. Robi & Nitin’s Indian Ocean Horizons: 2005-04-01
    In this briefing: The Eternal Triangle (or Square?); Peeling the Skin off the Pakistani Onion; Peeling the Skin off India-Pakistan Relations; India, Energy, and Security; India – a Million Matinees Now; Keeping a Eye on Khan; The FBI is a Trusted Brand…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.